Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What is the Truth?

John 18

"What is truth?" Pilate asked.

Is that not the all encompassing question?
As Jesus answered when Pilate was questioning him:

"You are a king, then!" said Pilate.
Jesus answered, "You are right in saying I am a king. In fact, for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

My question is, would it be easier to live if you know what the "ending" of your life is going to be or would it be easier if you do not know what your life is going to end up?

I think it would be harder if you do not, but maybe just as hard if you do, because, ultimately, you have to believe that it is going to be what "you" want.
Now the key question is, what is it that you "want"?

I do not think Jesus "wanted" to be crucified.
I do not think Jesus "wanted" to be flogged.
I do not think Jesus "wanted" to be betrayed.
I do not think Jesus "wanted" to be abandoned by his Father, nor his friends. (At least for a few days...3 to be exact)

In the end, we all have to know "where" we are going, otherwise, it would be a really morbid life and that is exactly what the devil wants.

My definition of "where" is what this "Truth" is, otherwise, you do not know where you are going because you are living a "lie".

To God be the Glory.