Friday, February 6, 2009

God's openess

Isaiah 65

"I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me;
I was found by those who did not seek me.
To a nation that did not call on my name,
I said, 'Here am I, here am I.'

All day long I have held out my hands
to an obstinate people,
who walk in ways not good,
pursuing their own imaginations-

a people who continually provoke me
to my very face,
offering sacrifices in gardens
and burning incense on altars of brick;

who sit among the graves
and spend their nights keeping secret vigil;
who eat the flesh of pigs,
and whose pots hold broth of unclean meat;

who say, 'Keep away; don't come near me,
for I am too sacred for you!'
Such people are smoke in my nostrils,
a fire that keeps burning all day."


I know it is God that is speaking, and my heart breaks when I read and see this.
Just as
I think God can be cold, with an dictatorship type rule, either my way or the hell way.
I know he wants all to be saved with him, but there are just some that will "choose" the other way.

To God be the Glory.