Sunday, February 8, 2009

Reality is not real

John 21

It has been a while since I have really dig deeper into the Bible like never before.
My faith is challenged as I continued to read more and more.
I have shared with many about how it gets more and more frightening the more I read and supposedly understand.

I am going to read John backwards, since I have read it many times, and just recently even more so, I figured that it would be a nice change to read it from the end.

As God is the beginning and the end and there's really no time frame, why not see what happens if we know the ending and work from there?

Regardless, this chapter is challenging.
The reality is, the fishermen did not catch any fish. There were no fruits of their labor, even though they were professionals.
Yet, when Jesus gave the instructions, it changed the outcome of all realities.
According to God, reality is his.
We are just living in the dream, or illusion.

So what is real?

Are we so ignorant and helpless, we can not do anything ourselves, but just to obey?
Where is the free will? Where is the choice? Where is the reality?

To God be the Glory.