Monday, June 8, 2009

Proverbs 3

"My son, do not forget my teaching,
but keep my commands in your heart,

for they will prolong your life many years
and bring you prosperity. "

As simple as this sentence might be, I view it as a very complex statement.
At least for me, I like to pride myself to be excellent at the things that I know and do it well.
But that is just it. I am human and am limited to what I know and ultimately at what I can retain.
When I see that I am not as excellent at the things that I know and do, I am humbled.
So in essence, my point of view is that as much as I think I know what God's teaching is and have kept it my heart, sometimes I do forget.
The trick, or key is to NOT forget, just as this sentence describes.
I am pretty sure we all know what the answer to know something and NOT forget.

"Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
bind them around your neck,
write them on the tablet of your heart.

Then you will win favor and a good name
in the sight of God and man. "

To God be the Glory.