Saturday, June 20, 2009

Detestable

Detestable: –adjective
deserving to be detested; abominable; hateful.
Inspiring or deserving abhorrence or scorn.

"There are six things the LORD hates,
seven that are detestable to him:

haughty eyes,

a lying tongue,
hands that shed innocent blood,

a heart that devises wicked schemes,

feet that are quick to rush into evil,

a false witness who pours out lies

and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers."

1- Haughty eyes.
Haughty: –adjective, -ti⋅er, -ti⋅est.
Disdainfully proud; snobbish; scornfully arrogant; supercilious: haughty aristocrats; a haughty salesclerk.
Scornfully and condescendingly proud.

Haughty eyes denotes pride that says, “I did it! I accomplished this goal on my own without GOD!” The person who has haughty eyes does not recognize the fact that without GOD, he/she can do nothing. A merciful GOD gives us all abilities, health, and strength to be able to accomplish, and yet a haughty person tells GOD by his/her actions, “I don’t need you!”

I think I'll stop right here. It is convicting enough for me today and will let it sit for a day in my mind, heart and soul.

To God be the Glory.