Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Apple

Proverbs 7

"My son, keep my words
and store up my commands within you.

Keep my commands and you will live;
guard my teachings as the apple of your eye.

Bind them on your fingers;
write them on the tablet of your heart. "

What is the "apple of you eye?"

The apple of your eye is that person (or thing) that you care for the most. Example: "He sure does love his little girl." Reply: "She's the apple of his eye." Example: "You got me the bracelet I wanted!" Reply: "Yes, I knew it was the apple of your eye."

The original meaning of the apple of your eye is the pupil, or the round black spot in the middle of the eye. It is as if that person's reflection can be seen in the pupil ("apple") of your eye. Example: "Everyone knew they would get married someday. She was always the apple of his eye."

It makes you feel good to look at the person who is the apple of your eye. From a famous love song: "You are the apple of my eye. That's why I'll always be with you."
-TheAppleOfYourEye

Interesting, and yet Adam and Eve ate the "apple" in the Garden of Eden.
Was that a metaphor? Was it something that was the "apple" of God's eye?
It is beginning to seem that way. It was the ultimate treasure of God and it was stolen by the broken trust of the evil one.
I am wondering if the evil one actually took a bite too after Adam and Eve.

To God be the Glory.