Thursday, August 12, 2010

Memories

August 12, 2010

I am overwhelmed with sadness.
It has been an emotional week since I found out about a passing of a good friend.
How can it be?
Is it real?
Is it true?
I carry on my regular routine, but memories of him appears in my mind and in my sight.
What happened?
Is he gone?
What is death?
Why is it sad?
Why is it physically painful even though there is no physical contact?
Why is it emotionally painful even though there's nothing around?

Memories.

Good memories.

John 11:1-44

I cannot help to think and remember the love and compassion that Jesus has. As I read that passage again tonight, as much as Jesus was the Son of God, and everyone knows that he is the Son of God:
"But I know that even now God will give you whatever you ask." - v.22.
"Yes, Lord," she told him, "I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, who was to come into the world." - v27.
"Jesus wept." - v35
Feelings are real.
Memories are real.
Jesus is real.

Be real.