Thursday, November 6, 2008

Rejoice!

Philippians

Paul's letter of encouragement helps us to get focused on the ultimate goal, be with God.
As much as he is living for Christ, he would rather be dead and be with Christ.
He has learned contentment, whether poor or rich, starving or well fed, he is content.

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" 4:4

I can attest to that. While financially we were excellent, there was this feeling of lacking, and when we are financially not at all, there is still this lacking of something, which is happiness.
So what is true happiness? Like what King Solomon said, everything is meaningless.

"So I hated life, because the work that is done under the sun was grievous to me. All of it is meaningless, a chasing after the wind. I hated all the things I had toiled for under the sun, because I must leave them to the one who comes after me."
Ecclesiastes 2:17

"For God will bring every deed into judgment,
including every hidden thing,
whether it is good or evil."
Ecclesiastes 12:14

To God be the Glory